The group’s first release came way back in 1993. Hummin’ Comin’ at ‘Cha was an immediate hit for the quartet, with Just Kickin’ It leading the way.
To be honest, I personally did not like Just Kickin’ It, and that song really turned me off in regards to Xscape.
To each his own, right?
Their second album, Off The Hook was released in 1995. you know the hits; Feels So Good, and Who Can I Run To.
2001 was the last release of an Xscape album. Traces of My Lipstick album had some success, with The Arms of the One Who Loves You and My Little Secret. The group went silent until early 2017 where they have reunited to announce a movie about their rise and fall, and their entertaining performance on the BET Awards.
Those slow jams they performed on the BET Awards actually sounded really good. My take is that the ladies have matured, and you can hear it in their performance.
You will be able to hear more from them as they will hit several cities this winter. They will be joined by Monica and Tamar Braxton to make this a ladies’ first event.
What does Tamar Braxton sing again?
Anyway, here are the dates so far:
- November 22nd – Richmond, VA
- November 24th – Norfolk, VA
- November 25th – Newark, NJ
- November 26th, Washington, DC
- November 30th – Birmingham, AL
- December 1st – Nashville, TN
- December 2nd – Charlotte, NC
- December 3rd – Raleigh, NC
- December 7th – Columbia, SC
- December 8th – Columbus, GA
- December 9th – Jackson, MS
- December 10th – Bossier City, LA
- December 13th – Grand Prairie, TX
- December 15th – Chicago, IL
- December 16th – St. Louis, MO
- December 17th – Columbus, OH
- December 27th – Houston, TX
- December 28th – New Orleans, LA
- December 30th – Southaven, MS
- December 31st – Atlanta, GA
- January 5th – Oakland, CA
- January 6th – Los Angeles, CA