He is a musical explorer and innovator, pioneering genre-bending sounds and collaborations. STING, The 17-time Grammy Award winner will release a new album, entitled Duets, on November 27. The vinyl LP edition will also be available worldwide on December 18.
From the melismatic longing of “Desert Rose” with Rai music singer Cheb Mami and sultry groove of “It’s Probably Me” with Eric Clapton to the uplifting 44/876 with Shaggy, which yielded his most recent and 17th GRAMMY award, Sting’s collaborations have become nothing short of cornerstones in the canon of popular music. To celebrate some of these joint-works, he has compiled a special collection to include some of his most beloved duets with collaborators such as Mary J. Blige, Herbie Hancock, Eric Clapton, Annie Lennox, Charles Aznavour, Mylène Farmer, Shaggy, Melody Gardot, Gashi and more. The Duets album will also include the brand new, never-before-released song, “September” with Italian icon Zucchero, produced by Sting himself and mixed by 4-time Grammy Award winner Robert Orton.
Check out a sample with Little Something featuring Melody Gardot.
DUETS - Track Listing:
- Little Something with Melody Gardot
- It’s Probably Me with Eric Clapton
- Stolen Car with Mylène Farmer
- Desert Rose with Cheb Mami
- Rise & Fall with Craig David
- Whenever I Say Your Name with Mary J. Blige
- Don’t Make Me Wait with Shaggy
- Reste with GIMS
- We'll Be Together with Annie Lennox
- L'amour C'est Comme Un Jour with Charles Aznavour
- My Funny Valentine with Herbie Hancock
- Fragile with Julio Iglesias
- Mama with Gashi
- September with Zucchero
- Practical Arrangement with Jo Lawry
- None Of Us Are Free with Sam Moore
- In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning with Chris Botti